Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Public Notice: Calaveras County Superior Court to Offer Online Ability To Pay Tool For Infractions. For eligibility information, click here.
Request a fine reduction for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool.

Marriage Permission For Minors

General Information

What are the requirements if I or the person that I want to marry is under 18 years of age?

Anyone under 18 wishing to marry must have the approval of your parents and a court order (per FAM 302-304) approving the marriage before you can obtain a marriage license. Trained staff will interview the parents of the underage party and the couple and assess their readiness for marriage. A written report will be sent to the court with recommendations to grant or deny the underage marriage request. It is the Court's decision to grant or deny the request. There is no fee for this service.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.