eFile ca-now available:

Calaveras Superior Court is now live with Odyssey® eFileCA which allows users to easily open court cases and e-file documents for a new case or existing case anytime and from anywhere — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. E-filing court documents significantly streamlines the case filing process and provides benefits to both the filer and the court.

Civil, Unlawful Detainers, Family, Probate, and Small Claims case types.  Subsequent filings can be submitted in Criminal/Traffic case types.

Standard forms of payment are: Visa, Master Card, Discover, and eCheck.

To review additional information for requirements you can access the web link:

Butte Fire Cases

The filing of new cases for Calaveras shall be done at Calaveras Superior Court.  Parties must then follow orders of Case Management #1 to add to the coordinated case at Sacramento Superior Court.

        Case Management Order No 1-Butte Fire Cases


At its July 20, 2018 business meeting, the Judicial Council made 2018-19 Trial Court Trust Fund and General Fund allocations to the trial courts. Attachment A provides both a simple and complex display of each court’s recommended base and one-time allocations, and Attachment B includes a breakout by associated General Ledger account to assist courts in budgeting the allocations for the Schedule 1.

Note: The preliminary one-time reduction for fund balances above the 1% cap and the allocation recommendation for the new $75 million in funding will be brought before the council no later than its September 20—21, 2018 business meeting.

The Trial Court Budget Advisory Committee’s reports to the council provides helpful discussion and detail behind the allocations, and can be viewed by following the links below on the California Courts website:

Trial Court Budget: 2018-19 Allocations from State Trial Court Improvement and Modernization Fund and Trial Court Trust Fund 

Trial Court Budget: 2018-19 Trial Court Base Allocations 

Trial Court Budget: Fiscal Year 2018-19 Allocation of Court-Appointed Juvenile Dependency Counsel Funding

In addition, please note the final reduction for fund balances above the 1% cap are set to occur in December 2018 based on courts’ final 2017-18 year-end fund balance information, with a report to the council at its January 14—15, 2019 business meeting.

As a reminder, California Rule of Court 10.620(f) requires trial courts to provide notice no later than 15 court days after “[r]eceipt of the annual allocation of the trial court budget from the Judicial Council after enactment of the Budget Act.” Since this email serves as notification of courts’ annual allocation for 2018-19, courts must provide notice no later than Friday, August 10, 2018.

Examples of what can be done to provide notice and comply with the rule include (but are not limited to):

(a) Posting this email and Attachment A of the attached workbook; or

(b) Posting the links to the July 20, 2018 Judicial Council reports.

    2018-19 Trial Court Allocations